The following is a simple outline for how to use the audio meditation resources in group situations.
- If there is a handout with the meditation you have selected, print out enough copies for the group.
- If there is an optional song to listen to at the end of the meditation, and you would like to hear it, ensure that you have access to it.
- Ensure everyone has their phones/mobile devices switched off.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Suggest to the group that if any of them find their minds wandering, during the meditation, they may find it helpful to look at the photograph that goes with the meditation.
- Encourage the group to enter into the meditation at whatever level seems appropriate for them, on this occasion.
- Press play and enter into the meditation.
- When the meditation ends you may like to listen to the optional song, if one is suggested.
- When the meditation /song finishes invite the members of the group to share their experience of the meditation, in twos, for five to ten minutes.
- Then invite each individual to share briefly what they experienced with the whole group.
- Sharing in this way, as a group, can bring further clarity to what was experienced and can be a great encouragement to those present.
- Suggest to the group members, that they may find it helpful to take time to record their experience of the meditation, in a notebook or journal, when they get home.