My staff of faith to walk upon.
Those who are not yet in the Kingdom of God, may comment that faith is just a crutch for those who are not able to cope with life. However, to those of us who believe, our faith is a source of strength which equips us to traverse the different seasons of life and the challenges which come, with hope and joy, love and peace, even in the midst of trouble. The Bible is full of examples of how people exercised their faith (Matthew 9:22 &29 NIV) and also, how we too can grow in ours (Acts 2:42 TM, Hebrews 10:23-25, NIV).
Read 2 Peter 1:3-11 in The Message
There are many different ways in which people come to faith and I would like you today to reflect on how you yourself came to faith.
- What was it that first attracted your attention to the question of faith
- What were the circumstances surrounding your decision to explore the Christian faith?
- Who were the people who encouraged you to investigate it?
- What did your faith mean to you at the beginning of your journey?
- As you review your journey of faith, how has your faith impacted your journey through life thus far?
In the light of your reflections on the above, what helped you in this process and what hindered you? How can you use this information to encourage those around you, who as yet do not have faith, to explore the possibilities and to help them begin the journey of faith?
Finally: “ Grace and peace to you many times over as you deepen your experience with God and Jesus, our Master.” 2 Peter 1:2 (TM)