The following is a simple outline for how to use the audio meditation resources as an individual.
- Find a time and a place where you can be quiet and free from distractions.
- Ensure your phone/mobile device is set to an option were it will not disturb you (e.g. ‘airplane mode’ or ‘off’!)
- If there is a handout with the meditation you have selected, print it out.
- If there is an optional song to listen to at the end of the meditation, and you would like to hear it, ensure that you have access to it.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- If your mind wanders during the meditation, you may find it helpful to look at the photograph that goes with the meditation, that you have selected.
- Press play and enter into the meditation.
- When the meditation ends you may like to listen to the optional song, if one is suggested.
- Before you return to your activities, take a few moments to reflect on your experience of the meditation and to maybe record, in a notebook or journal, any words or pictures or verses that have come to you during this time.
- Finally take a moment or two to be thankful for what you have received/experienced through this meditation.